Here are some stories of our fun filled days in Austin!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Halloween 3 Times!

Our Halloween weekend was quite busy!  Friday afternoon the parents at the kids' school organized a Halloween costume parade after school with pinatas and other fun stuff for the little ones.  Charlie and Kate both wore their costumes.  I volunteered to take the photos for the school so I could not march in the parade.  Charlie went off and had a great time.  Kate (or should I say Dorothy) stayed with me the entire time - no parade and no pinata for Kate.  She wanted no part.  She did love her red sparkly shoes though!

Putting Todo back in his basket

Marching in the parade
Later that evening, we hosted a Halloween party for our close friends.  Great fun!  Most of the adults dressed up as well.  The kids played pin the eye on the monster, bobbed for apples, and ate tons of sugar!  We had a beautiful evening for it and it was a great way to start the Halloween weekend.

Jack O' Lantern fruit salad for the kids 

My ladies

All the kiddos in costume

Charlie having a turn at pin the eye on the monster

Kate deciding if she wants to try to bob for apples
On Halloween we went to a fun party at some friends from school's house.  I forgot my camera so we do not have any pictures from it. :-(   I can tell you that there was a Mummy wrapping contest and Charlie and I were the winners!  After the party we headed to our neighborhood for some trick or treating.  Charlie and Kate were so excited.  Kate kept showing me her pumpkin saying "I got candy Mommy."

All ready for trick or treating

Up to the first house we go

Charlie led the way with his flashlight

No comments:

Post a Comment