Here are some stories of our fun filled days in Austin!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

I am a Marathoner!

At the end of February, I ran the Austin marathon.  After training for several months in 20-50 degree weather early in the morning, race day was 75 degrees with 90% humidity.  It was difficult to say the least. Especially with the very, very hilly course.  But my friend Kristin and I finished, and felt great up until mile 22.  The last four miles were very hard, and I was chanting "I am never running again, ever ever" as we crossed the finish line.  6 weeks later I still have black toes as a souvenir.

Paul and the kids made signs and met us at mile 18, and then at the finish line.  They were going to meet up with us at mile 15, but Kris and I were doing so well we were past there before they got there.


Holding up signs cheering for people.  They both had t-shirts made by Kristin that said "My mommy ran a marathon" and "26.2"

Here we come!  This was about mile 18.  We still felt really good here.  This was before the sun came out. :-)


Crossing the finish line.  Oh so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment