Here are some stories of our fun filled days in Austin!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Emily Grace Despins

On Monday, December 19th I hit 36 weeks pregnant.  That morning at my doctor's appointment, my doctor decided to take me off of bedrest with instructions to rest as much as possible and really try to make it one more week at least.

Well that night at about 9pm my water broke.  It just took about 8 hours off of bedrest for labor to start!  At 4:36 the following morning, after about 9 hours of labor, Ms. Emily Grace was born.  After a complicated, difficult pregnancy, her birth was relatively quick and complication free!  I had another drug-free VBac and Emily came out crying and healthy! Even though she was a preemie, she did not have any major complications and was able to come home with me 48 hours after she was born...right in time for Christmas.

Minutes after her birth



A very excited older brother and sister




Dr. Lockey - my doctor who delivered Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment