Here are some stories of our fun filled days in Austin!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Day of School

Charlie and Kate had their first day of school this week!

Charlie is back at the same school, but this year he is a Penguin in a new room. Very exciting!  For about a month now we have been counting down the days until he would go back to school.  Last year he was a Dino and he absolutely loved his teachers.  It was hard to say goodbye to them but he was looking forward to being a Penguin, and being in the oldest class in the school.  On the first day he was ready!  Got his lunch and backpack all packed and waited by the door until it was time to leave.  His teacher said he had a fabulous day!

Kate had her very first day at school.  She is a Buddy, and goes to school two mornings a week.  Being that we have been taking Charlie there for two years, she was used to the environment but I did not know how she would do when we left her and said goodbye.  Well, we got a "bye Mommy, bye Daddy, wuv you." She was fine.  I arrived 15 minutes early to pick her up thinking that maybe she had enough at that point.  No, she was dancing and playing and having a grand old time.  Her teacher told me that Kate was a little helper all day, and that she talks a lot.  haha. :-)  Kate also sang "twinkle twinkle little star" for all her classmates.  Funny, when I asked her what she did in school, she informed me "play with babies Mommy."  Apparently her class is full of babies, but not Kate - she is a big girl. :-)

When we went for the second day, I thought she would cry knowing this time that I was going to be leaving for a while.  Sure enough, when we entered the room every single child was screaming for their mother.  My adrenaline started pumping and I was trying to gage how Kate was going to do.  Well, she wanted down and walked over to the creative play section.  I followed her and said goodbye, and I got a "bye Mommy, wuv u."  Yup, that is our Kate. :-)


Kate all ready on her first day!




Kisses for his little sister


With Daddy




Snuggles with Mommy



 

No comments:

Post a Comment