Here are some stories of our fun filled days in Austin!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Shoes, Shoes, Shoes!

Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner who had a 7 year-old girl.  Being a bit older and fashionable, she had shoes with lights that flashed when she walked.  Our Charlie thought these shoes were the coolest things he has ever seen.  Later on in the weekend I took the kids to the shoe store just to get their feet measured to see if they could wear their crocs through the end of the fall season.  Well, Charlie spotted light up spiderman sneakers.  I hated them.  He loved them.  We did not get them at the time, but I said if he was good all week maybe we would get them later.  He needs sneakers for the fall/winter anyway.  For the week, all we heard about were the light up spiderman sneakers.  We decided on Fun Friday we would go get them.  (Charlie goes to school M-TH, Friday is our "Fun Friday," - the kids and I do something fun to end the week).

When we got there they did not have the real spiderman - aka, red and blue and hideous - shoes in his size, but they did have plain black ones.  Made me feel a bit better and Charlie decided that these were even nicer.  Charlie in his new shoes!


Those of you who really know Kate must be wondering what was Kate doing in the shoe store?  Oh, she took off her crocs immediately and followed the poor salesman while we went looking for Charlie's shoes going "shoes please," "Kate shoes."  Then she kept picking up any shoe she could reach trying to get them on her feet.  Considering she would need proper sneakers anyway, I decided to have her try some on.  Well, when the salesman went to the back to get her size, I spotted a pair of black ballet flats in her size.  I figured lets see how these fit while we wait.  Put them on her and that was it.  "My shoes."  Would not let me take them off for anything.  Refused to try on the sneakers.  Screamed her bloody head off when I tried to take them off.  Smiled and laughed and said "my shoes" as she pointed to her feet.  Kate and her shoes.




Brings back memories of when she was 15 months and had to wear a pair of red mary janes out of Target because when I tried to take them off she had a complete breakdown (we wore them out of the store still tied together). 

No comments:

Post a Comment